Transfers Lviv - Warsaw - Lviv
Lviv Cycling Routes
Cycling routes of Kaiserwald
It is worth mentioning that all cycling routes of Kaiserwald coincide with routes of Znesinnia Park, as the latter has integrated original area of Kaiserwald. Besides, the area of the landscape park»Shevchenkivskyy Hai» is banned for cycling. It is possible to reach Kaiserwald on cycle from five different areas: upper part of Kryvonosa street, Piskova and Krypiakevycha streets, Chernecha Hora street, from railways, separating the Park from so-called Professors’Colony area (upper parts of Lychakiv-ska street and Kryvchytska Doroha street), from Zaklynskykh and Staro-znesenska streets, along former luge track, or along Znesenskyy cemetery and a lake (in this case you’ll have to carry your bicycle for some part of a climb).
None of the Kaiserwald routes can avoid a central asphalted lane, which runs from the entrance to Shevchenkivskyy Hai in the eastern part of the Park, through crossroad with Chernecha Hora street, ski training complex Dynamo, toward a western downhill slope on Leo’s Hill. Therefore all routes can be stages of one main route from Lychakivskyy Park through Professors’ Colony area (need to cross railways) along Kaiserwald (a steep descent at upper part of Kharkivska street, along paintball grounds, and turn to the opposite from descent direction), through playing ground, along administrative office of Znesinnia Park, Leo’s Hill into Vysokyy Zamok. You can also turn into Znesinnia Park, taking a dismantled luge track, but this route requires skills and physical strength. Taking a luge track gives another option: when you turn left just after 150 meters from a «sightseeing cite» with benches, you can come into a neglected but rather good «emperor’s» road, which will take you to the already mentioned playing ground in the western area of Kaiserwald.
Cycling routes in Stryiskyy Park
Cycling routes in the Stryiskyy Park depend on individual creativity and fantasy. Both upper and lower layers are suitable for cycling, whatever the skills and age are. There are few individual routes, designed by lovers of extreme cycling, which connect upper and lower parts, but are not in concordance with wishes of the park designers. This area belongs to a bigger cycling route, which combines three parks: Park Zalizna Voda, Stryiskyy Park, and City Park named after Bohdan Khmel-nytskyy (we can prolong the route and add Citadel and Walnut Grove).
Cycling in Park Zalizna Voda
As there is only one main alley in the park, which goes parallel to Stusa street, the park has rather a transitional role for cycling. The park enables to bypass traffic jams on Myrnogo and Stusa streets and get to Ivana Franka street and further to the city centre; or to the upper part of Ivana Franka street and further to Stryiskyy Park.
Cycling route Lviv - The Davil’s Rocks - Lviv
It is better to start a journey from upper part of Lychakivska street or neighbouring streets. The easiest way to keep the road to Vynnyky, and turn left into the forest nearVynnykivske lake. From this moment the road is not good, therefore a bicycle might become rather a load on the shoulder than a means of transportation. Skilful and well trained amateurs can manage a steep climb for next three- four hundred meters; after that a steep serpentine which turns into a muddy skating rink under rain or snow conditions.
A route from Lysynychi or Tract Hlynianskyy is more attractive, but requires a mountain bike. After taking Tract Hlynianskyy street to 104 Lychakivska street, you should turn right into Lodiya street. You go to the end of the street, when near a private building of acid yellow colour the road narrows into a path. For one kilometer the path goes evenly across the forest, and then starts climbing up. The distance time depends much on level of physical training and will of a cyclist.
You can get an access to the The Davil’s Rocks from railway embankment, left after dismantling of the railroad. You can use this route to Enzyme factory, although it should be taken into consideration that the route is not very good, as the embankment has been «damaged’ by lorries.
Residents of Vynnyky and Lysynychi think that the The Davil’s Rocks defend the area against storms and hail. When clouds cover the The Davil’s Rocks, it is a sign for long bad weather. They joke that the Devil is smoking his pipe.
Cycling routes in Pohulyanka
You can get to the park from Vakhnyanyna street near tram N 7 stop or from University hostels in the upper part of the park from Pasichna or Medovoyi Pechery street.There are a lot of paths here and everyone can choose his own route according to interests and physical skills. On the slopes of Pohulyanka street lovers of down hill like to practise, whereas near the Palace of Children and Youth of Halychyna there is a special cite for bike and motorbike acrobatics.
DESCRIPTION OF CYCLING ROUTES IN LVIV (WITH OUTSKIRTS)
Lviv cycling route 510 (Opryshkivska street — Chernecha Hora street)
- The cycling route starts at the entrance to a regional landscape Park Znesinnia from western direction of 18 Opryshkivska street, around 100 meters to the bottom of Vysokyy Zamok Hill. End of the route is in the southern part of Park Znesinnia at the end of Chernecha Hora street, where it crosses with an asphalted park alley. The route distance is 1,5 kilometers.
- The route goes along Leo’s Hill, Stephan’s Hill, Zmiyina Hill; Church of Josaphat and all Ukrainian martyrs; Museum of Folk Architecture, entrance to which is only 200 meters from the route end.
- Surface: soil road; 60 meters of asphalted road
Lviv cycling route 513 (Medovoyi Pechery street — Lychakivska street (Vynnyky))
- Start of the route is at the end of Medovoyi Pechery street, a turn to motocross site. End of the route is a turn to Vynnykivske lake Distance: 3,4 kilometers
- The route goes along Medova cave, two natural springs and Vynnykivske lake. Surface: soil road, forest path; 100 meters of asphalted road A difficult area is a descent from the motocross site to the spring
Lviv cycling route 515 (Sichova street — Vynnyky)
- Start of the route is 38 Sichova street, near Enzyme factory. The route goes along the railway towards Vynnykivsky woods. End of the route is western part of Vynnyky, exit from Vynnykivsky woods Distance: 4,5 kilometers
- The route goes along the Davil’s Rocks, which are of volcanic origin Surface: a forest path
Lviv cycling route 516 (Pohulyanka street — Pasichna street)
- Start of the route is 26 Pohulyanka street End of the route is 102 Pasichna street Distance: 1,9 kilometers
- The route goes along the central alley of the Pohulyanka Park Surface: asphalt
Lviv cycling route 521 (Parkova street — Samchuka street)
- Start of the route is main entrance to Stryiskyy park from Parkova street End of the route is exit from the park into Samchuka street Distance: 0,8 kilometer
- The route goes across Stryiskyy Park (orangery, a spring, pond with swans). 200 hundred meters off the route there is a museums of Ivan Franko and Mykhailo Hrushevskyy.
- Surface: park alley
Lviv cycling route 522 (Parkova street — Stryiska street)
- Start of the route is main entrance to Stryiskyy park from Parkova street. End of the route is exit from the park into Stryiska street near Monument of Glory. Distance: 0,8 kilometer
- The route goes across Stryiskyy Park (orangery, a spring, pond with swans), near monument to Kilinski Surface: park alley
Lviv cycling route 523 (Yaroslavenka street — Stusa street)
- Start of the route is 11A Yaroslavenka street End of the route is 23 Stusa street Distance: 1 kilometer
- The route goes across Park Zalizna Voda, near a spring with a high quantity of iron. At a close distance there are museums of Ivan Franko and Mykhailo Hrushevskyy, Saint Sophia Church. Surface: asphalt
Lviv cycling route 524 (Stusa street — Lypova Aleya street)
- Start of the route is 23 Stusa street (entrance to Snopkivskyy Park) End of the route is Lypova Aleya street Distance: 1,2 kilometers
- The route goes across Snopkivskyy Park to stadium «Ukraine» Surface: asphalt
Lviv cycling route 526 (Rudnenska street — Bilohorscha street, Bilohorscha village)
- Start of the route is Rudnenska street End of the route is 84 Bilohorscha street Distance: 2,5 kilometers
- The route goes to Museum of Roman Shukhevych, Commander-in-Chief of Ukrainian Insurgent Army
- Surface: a forest path
Lviv cycling route 527 (Knyagyni Olhy street — Boikivska street)
- Start of the route is 61 Knyagyni Olhy street End of the route is Boikivska street Distance: 1,2 kilometers
- The route goes along Walnut Grove with two natural lakes, where Poltva river starts. The route goes across a stone arc of 19th century. Surface: a forest path
Lviv cycling route 528 (Vuletska street — Volytsia village)
- Start of the route is Vuletska street, entrance to Vynnykivskyy woods. End of the route is Volytsia village, from a western part of Vynnykivskyy woods. Distance: 3,1 kilometers
- The route goes along a southern part of Vynnykivskyy woods. Nearby there are two lakes: Vulky, and Electron Surface: a forest path
Lviv cycling route 529 (Yeroshenka street — Tunelna street)
- Start of the route is Yeroshenka street, near a railway bridge, close to SKA stadium End of the route is Vynnytsia street, near Tunelna street Distance: 1,1 kilometers
- The route goes along Kurtumova Hill, and is a transit way to Bryukhovychi Surface: 45% of asphalt and 55% of soil road