Transfers Lviv - Warsaw - Lviv
10, Rynok Square
Museum of Ancient European Furniture and Chinaware
This large, for Lviv Rynok Square, mansion has undergone numerous reconstructions. It was designed at the request of Count Sapiga by the famous Bernard Meretin in 1744. However, the best part of the present-day decor was executed in 1763 by the architect Ian de Vitte. At that time the palace belonged to the Liubomyrskys.
Anyone who is turning round the corner into Russka Street, is bound to take one step aside so as not to bounce into the ornamental abuimeni that props up the building. For some time the palace belonged to the Governor of Halychyna; in the 1850s it was bought by the "Prosvita" (Education) Ukrainian Association.
On June 30.1941 a group of Ukrainian activists headed by Ya. Stetsko gathered in the palace and singed „The Decree of the Renovation of Ukraine”. Nowadays the palace is the Museum of Ancient European Furniture and Chinaware.