Transfers Lviv - Warsaw - Lviv
The earliest mention of the Street is in 1472. Throughout the centuries it was populated mostly by Ukrainians, called in the Galicia of that time "Ruthenians". Hence the name of the Street - Ruska.
House No 2 dates from the 16th century: its ground floor retains the elements of the Gothic style.
House No 4 dates back to the 16th century, with the Gothic vaults on the ground floor and the Renaissance portal being preserved from earlier periods.
House No 7. The complex of the Assumption Church is one of the finest examples of Renaissance architecture in Lviv. The Church was constructed in 1591-1629 to the design of Paul of Rome. The bell Tower known as Kornyakt Tower (after Constantine Kornyakt who funded its construction) was completed in 1578 under the architect Peter of Barbone. The Chapel of Three Prelates, constructed in 1578-90, amazes the viewer with the logic of its design and the intricate stone carving decorating the portal. The basement of the Church served as a burial place, where Ivan Pidkova and Constantine Kornyakt were buried.
The Stavropigia fraternity whose activities were linked with the church since the 16th century was the religious, political and educational centre of the Ukrainian community in Lviv. The school set up by the fraternity was famous far beyond Galicia. The Charter of the school, dating from 1586, was one of the first documents of this type in Europe; the school professor Joankyj Volokovych wrote one of the earliest examples of Ukrainian poetry; and the school graduate Pamvo Berynda is known as the author of the first Ukrainian encyclopaedia.
House No 8 dates from 1740. The reliefs on the facade portray the symbols of trade. The House incorporates a 16th century portal.
House No 10 dates back to the 17th century. The portal and some details of the interior have been preserved since the 16th century.
House No 20 was built for the Dniester Insurance Company in 1907 in the Art Nouveau style. Ukrainian folk ornament with inlaid ceramic tiles are used for the decoration of the facade.