Transfers Lviv - Warsaw - Lviv
Hutsuls Folk Region
Day 1 (Saturday): Departure from Lviv (8:00) – Pniv (a visit to the castle) – Dora (excursion around the monastery) – Yaremche (waterfall, Hutsulshchyna Restaurant, souvenir shopping, lunch) – Bukovel’ (ascent to the top of Mt. Bukovel’ via chairlift for a panoramic view of the Carpathians) – Palyanytsya (hotel check-in at 19:30, Hutsul social)
Day 2 (Sunday): Breakfast, check-out and departure (8:00) – Verkhovyna (a visit to the Museum “Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors”, excursion and concert in the Roman Kumlyk Museum) – Kryvorivnya (a visit to Hrazhda Houses [Hutsul-style houses]) – Verkhnii Yaseniv (lunch) – Yavoriv (if time permits, shopping for handmade wool blankets and Kosiv ceramics) – Kolomiya (an excursion around the town, a visit to a museum and a classic Hutsul church) – Return to Lviv (22:30)
Accommodations: A hotel in the village of Palyanytsya; comfortable rooms for 2-4 people with amenities.
Meals: (Saturday) – Lunch at a restaurant in Yaremche and dinner according to the program “Hutsul Social” (see below); (Sunday) – Breakfast at the hotel; lunch will consist of Hutsul dishes in a Hutsul restaurant in the village of Verkhnii Yaseniv
Highlights of the trip include:
- getting acquainted with the history, customs and culture of one of the most interesting ethnic groups in the world – the Hutsuls;
- the best dishes Hutsul cuisine has to offer;
- the most prominent historical and natural landmarks of the area: Hutsul churches, waterfalls, Pniv castle, rivers, picturesque Carpathian landscapes, Hutsul museums;
- a bazaar with hand-made crafts by Hutsul craftsmen including wood carvings, woven items, wickerwork, embroidery, musical instruments, pysankas, and unique toys made of local cheese;
- an unforgettable “Hutsul Social” with musicians, dancing, singing, and delicious Hutsul foods.